1. Thank the person who presented you the award and link back to their blog. Thank you Sharon for the award. Sharon of Spain blog.
2. Post the award image on your blog.
3. Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter.
4. Nominate 5-11 blogs with less than 200 followers.
5. Create 11 questions for the nominees to answer.
6. List these rules in your post.
7. Inform the people you chose of their nomination by leaving a comment on their blog and link them your post.
The 11 Questions:
1.What drew you to the hobby?
My dear Mother collected dolls and we shared our love of dolls together.
2. What was your first doll?
My first doll was a Raggedy Ann doll when I was about one year old. It was from Santa. 🙂
This is a photo taken long ago of my first doll, Raggedy Ann. ❤
3. What was your 2015 doll regret?
2015 was a banner year for me with the addition of many wonderful dolls here at Sasha Shangri-La. However, I did lose out on one ebay purchase of a very early Gotz doll that had no mold lines plus the most amazing turquoise eyes! Looking back, I would have bid more money for her. She did turn out to be the inspiration though for a gorgeous repaint by Janet Myhill-Dabbs. Janet painted a waif for me inspired by that early girl. ❤
Here she is! Her name is Heidi and she is beautiful. 🙂
4. Did you sell any dolls in 2015?
Yes, I did sell several dolls in 2015, both Sasha dolls and non-Sasha dolls. I have a shop on Ruby Lane and sold several dolls from the shop plus I sold Sasha dolls directly to Sasha friends that wrote to me and wanted to adopt a certain doll. 🙂
5. Do your doll characters have their own theme song?
No, no song but they have their own personalities with strengths and weaknesses but most of all they are very happy and have a strong sense of family. ❤
6. What style best describes your doll collection? (Fantasy, goth, punk etc.)
Prior to collecting Sasha dolls, I collected lovely antique and vintage cloth dolls. Also, I have dolls that belonged to my Mom too. All of these dolls do add up to a pretty big doll family. 🙂
7. What sort of aesthetics do you look for in a doll?
It is a “heart” connection though the “eyes” usually grab me first. 🙂
8. Have you built or plan to build any dioramas for your dolls?
9. What is your 2016 doll wish list?
Maybe a very early Gotz girl with blue or blue-ish eyes plus a redheaded boy NP would be nice. Also, any other doll that grabs me! 🙂
10. Do you have a ‘fantasy’ wish list? (i.e. dolls that you will never own unless you won lotto etc.)
I would adopt Sasha studio dolls that command much more money than I have spent to date and this is based on their condition and rarity. 🙂
11. What do you love most about the hobby?
I love the wonderful connection with other doll collectors and getting to know them better and share the love of dolls together. I also love looking at the dolls since I am a very visual person. Plus I love the hands-on part of doll collecting which involves dressing the dolls, working with their hair styles, posing them and photographing them too. It is a very tactile hobby and is such fun to do! 🙂
As for tagging anyone else, I will tag:
Kendal of Kendal’s Sasha Brood. 🙂
My questions will be the same as the ones above that were given to me by Sharon.
But please don’t feel obliged to do it Kendal, it’s just fun to do. No rush either! 🙂 xxx