Sharon of the Sharon in Spain blog was awarded the versatile blogger award by Nymphaea of The Doll Barn blog. The rules are: choose 15 bloggers to pass this award on to, and tell the award giving blogger 7 things about yourself. Since I was one of the fifteen chosen, here are my “7 things”.
1) My Mom loved dolls and had quite a collection that is now mine after she passed. Her favorite doll was Shirley Temple and I have very fond memories of watching Shirley Temple movies with my Mom from childhood through adulthood 🙂
2) My first doll was a Raggedy Ann doll. I love cloth dolls to this day though Sasha dolls are my favorite 🙂
3) I had a wonderful childhood especially since my beloved Granny lived with us after my Grandpa passed away. I was only 7 when he passed but I remember him well. My Granny was my best friend until she passed in 1988. I miss her so much!
4) My earliest very clear memory was at 18 months old. It is a happy memory 🙂
5) I worked as a police officer my last 2 years of undergraduate study. I worked mostly straight midnight shifts and went to classes in the day.
6) I attended Harvard University in Cambridge for my elective graduate study in environmental studies in freshwater and marine biology.
7) I am so blessed to have married a wonderful person 29 years ago this September and he is my best friend. We have 2 sons and we also are blessed to have raised his son and daughter. There were times when raising 4 children and working full time were most challenging for us both. Looking back now I would not change a thing about those special years together. We have one beautiful granddaughter that I wish lived closer to us 🙂
Well, there are 7 things about me and written “off the cuff” so to speak so they are in no particular order other than chronological. I have no blogs to pass on to at this time since my choices are already chosen by Sharon and Dee. I will give more thought to including additional blogs later. This was fun! We are still experiencing snow squalls here in West Virginia both yesterday and today 🙂
Little Kim is enchanted by the snow storm. Hugs from Kim to you! Have a great day!! xxxx